Skip to main content

Inconsistencies

It's been awhile since I last checked on Athirah's progress. Unfortunately, she seemed to be inactive in accessing ILearn-Ace for quite a while; therefore I've decided to ask her regarding this matter. I introduced myself to Athirah before explaining my purpose of messaging her.  Thankfully, she had decided to help me out and cooperate. In the process, I also asked her if she could continue doing her exercises, as well as informed her that if she ever has any questions regarding the core subjects, she is free to ask me anytime. The conversation is as appended below (in Bahasa Malaysia).


Granted, her response was pretty brief compared to the essay I wrote, but at least she was willing to answer my plight. The first question I had asked her was whether or not ILearn-Ace has proved to be effective in her studies. I asked her this question in hopes of answering the reason why she had reduced her sessions in ILearn-Ace.

She gave her answer in point form. According to her, in her opinion she was able to acquire a considerate amount of knowledge from ILearn-Ace. It has also benefited her sister, who is also using the platform alongside her.  However, some of the question format did not appear in her actual test paper (the one made by her school). This shows that there is disparity among the syllabus provided by both exercises. She also noted that there are pros and cons to using ILearn-Ace, which she chose not to elaborate any further.


Upon hearing this, I asked for clarification whether it was true that the questions were different, even for the subjective questions. She replied by saying that there are those that are similar and those that aren't. She also pointed out that sometimes her mother would help her out with the difficult questions, which slightly eased my worry. For the mean time, I told her that the best thing she could practice now is her mathematics exercise on ILearn-Ace, because hopefully it is the one that is least affected by the difference in syllabus.


After this revelation, I worry of her future consistencies in using the platform. The only reason there exists a disparity would be because of either the platform's KSSR syllabus does not match the current syllabus (which I highly doubt), or that the school decided to use a different syllabus as their exercise during her most recent test. I hope that this issue can be resolved as soon as possible so that she can continue using the ILearn-Ace, expecting the questions to be of the same format as her incoming UPSR.

Comments