Skip to main content

It's a wrap.

Aaand here we are... We have finally reached the final entry of this blog. A lot has happened ever since I had first set foot in SK Bangsar, and I am grateful for every moment of it. Before I begin sharing all the things I've experienced over the duration of this course, I would like to first thank Dr. Nazean for making all of this possible. Without her tutelage, none of us would be able to make all that has happened a reality. I would also like to thank the sponsors for funding our program, with the help of sponsors, we were able to collaborate with ILearn-Ace and experience one of the latest E-Learning platforms available in Malaysia. I would also like to thank SK Bangsar for allowing us to meet with their students, get to know them better as well as allowing us to introduce to them the beauty of E-Learning.

In the past, I have been a mentor in many cases. Most of them involve guiding my younger brother in his studies, explaining unclear topics to my fellow coursemates as well as teaching my older relatives how to use modern gadgets. However, the experience of being a mentor to children whom I have never met before and teaching them something which I have recently been introduced to is a new situation altogether. Throughout this process, I have learned how to coordinate a program alongside my teammates, communicate and form a bond with my mentee, introduce new things to curious learners, cater the needs of others as well as manage paperwork and reports. The continuous effort and dedication required in running a program should not be underestimated. With the help of teammates who are willing to give their all, we were able to provide food to the kids, make sure they perform their prayers, experience fun and interesting activities as well as organize on schedule ILearn-Ace learning sessions without too much interruptions.

All in all, it has been a wonderful experience for me. I am certain that Athirah surely felt the same way I did. It must have been inspiring to meet instructors who are willing to guide her in understanding something new. She certainly displayed enjoyment throughout the program and had actively participated in our activities. I do hope that with the knowledge I have passed on to her that she can progress further by leaps and bounds, not only in her academic life, but her life as a whole as well. Not to blow my own trumpet, but with the soft skills which I have learned throughout my participation in this program, I am sure that I have built a better character of myself to present in the future. I am sure that the next time I am tasked with teaching school children, handling an event, or managing paperwork, I will be able to do a better job at it.

Alas, this is where I end my post. Wishing all the students of SK Bangsar a wonderful and successful life ahead. Do not be depressed if you fail to achieve good grades. What is important is the amount of dedication and hard work you have poured into your studies. That exact same dedication and hard work will bring you far, especially in your career life. All the best SK Bangsar, and peace!

Comments